Tata to acquire packaged water giant Bisleri for about ₹7,000 crore.
Tata Consumer is set to acquire India’s largest packaged drinking water company, Bisleri, for an estimated Rs 6,000-7,000 crore. Chairman Ramesh Chauhan is aiming to disinvest Bisleri International to Tata Consumer Products three decades after selling soft drink brands Thums Up, Gold Spot and Limca to Coca-Cola.
The current management will continue for two years as part of the deal. Chauhan’s ill health and daughter Jayanti’s lack of interest in the business is driving him to sell off the company. Selling Bisleri was a painful decision, he said, but believes that the Tata Group will take ‘even better’ care of it. There have been other interested parties such as Reliance Retail, Nestle and Danone. The report stated that talks between Tata and Chauhan have been going on for the past two years.
Tata Consumer to acquire packaged water giant Bisleri for about _________.
Rajendra Pawar honoured Lifetime Achievement Award 2022 by FICCI.
The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI), felicitated Rajendra Singh Pawar, Chairman & Founder, NIIT with ‘Lifetime Achievement Award 2022’ at the 8th FICCI Higher Education Excellence Awards ceremony. The award recognises Pawar for his immense contribution and exemplary work in the field of education as well as creating the IT Training industry.
The selection of Award was done by a high-level jury panel, Chaired by Dr R. A. Mashelkar, Indian National Research Professor and Chancellor, Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai and former Director General of CSIR.
Who has been awarded Lifetime Achievement Award 2022 by FICCI?
India’s unemployment rate eases to 7.2% in July-September 2022.
Unemployment rate for persons aged 15 years and above in urban areas declined to 7.2 per cent during July-September 2022 from 9.8 per cent a year ago, the National Statistical Office (NSO) said.
India’s urban unemployment rate dropped for the fifth consecutive quarter in the July-September period of 2022-23 (FY23) to 7.2 per cent, according to the latest Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS) released by the National Statistical Office (NSO).
The unemployment rate in current weekly status terms for all ages in the September quarter (second quarter or Q2) of FY23 is the lowest unemployment rate recorded in more than four years, from the time the NSO launched India’s first computer-based survey in April 2017.
India’s Unemployment Rate Eases to _____________ in July-September 2022.
The International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women was observed on November 25, every year.
The International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women is observed on November 25, every year. It is a day to pay tribute to the Mirabal sisters, the Dominican Republic activists who were murdered at the order of Rafael Trujilllo in 1960. The United Nations aims to raise awareness about gender-based violence against women. This year’s campaign is a 16-day initiative starting on International Day for the Elimination of Violence against women and concluding on International Human Rights Day on December 10. Here is everything you need to know about this day.
The 2022 theme of International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women is ‘UNITE! Activism to End Violence against Women and Girls.
The International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women is observed on _______, every year.
Garuda Shakti 2022: India-Indonesia joint exercise kicks off in Karawang.
The Special Forces of India and Indonesia commenced the joint military exercise Garuda Shakti. The exercise is currently underway in Indonesia at Sangga Buana Training Area, Karawang. The eighth edition of Exercise Garuda Shakti focuses on enhancing understanding, cooperation and interoperability between the Special Forces of both armies. The goal of the joint exercise is to advance the special forces’ skills. It also aims to share information on new weapons, equipment, tactics, techniques, and procedures, as well as lessons learned from previous operations.
Indian army is participating in a bilateral joint training Exercise GARUDA SHAKTI with which country’s forces?
Prasar Bharati celebrates its Silver Jubilee or 25 years of its establishment.
Prasar Bharati celebrated the silver jubilee or 25 years of its establishment on 23 November, 2022. It was on this day in 1997, that it came into being as a statutory autonomous body set up by an Act of Parliament. It comprises the Doordarshan and All India Radio. Prasar Bharati CEO Gaurav Dwivedi said, Prasar Bharati has stood firmly with the people during the challenges faced by the country and the world.
- It is the largest statutory autonomous public broadcasting agency in India which was established in 1997.
- It was established under an Act of Parliament and consists of Doordarshan Television Network and All India Radio.
- In September 1990, the Parliament passed the Prasar Bharati (Broadcasting Corporation of India) Act.
- This act made provision for the establishment of a Broadcasting Corporation of India named Prasar Bharati.
Prasar Bharati celebrated the silver jubilee or 25 years of its establishment on _________, 2022.
Lt General Asim Munir appointed as New Army Chief of Pakistan.
Pakistan Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif appointed Lieutenant General Asim Munir as the new army chief of the country, replacing incumbent General Qamar Javed Bajwa. Information minister Marriyum Aurangzeb announced the appointment on Twitter ending weeks of speculation over what some call the most powerful position in the South Asian nation.
- Lieutenant General Sahir Shamshad will take charge as the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee
- Munir is currently posted at the army headquarters in Rawalpindi. He has served briefly as chief of the country’s premier intelligence agency, the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI).
Who among the following has been named as new army chief of Pakistan Army?
Bank of Baroda opened its first dedicated Mid-Corporate Branch.
Bank of Baroda opened its first mid-corporate Branch in Kerala at Kochi. The branch was inaugurated by Debadatta Chand, Executive Director in the presence of S. Rengarajan, GM (Head – Mid Corporate Cluster South), and Sreejith Kottarathil, Zonal Head-Ernakulam.
- The key focus of mid corporate branch is to increase corporate book size and income to improve turnaround time (TAT) for corporate proposals and provide enhanced service to corporate customers.
- The branch will cater to mid-corporate, large corporate, and PSU borrowers and provide corporate loans, trade finance, forex, and cash management services.
- The Bank recently reorganized its corporate banking model. The corporate banking vertical has been divided into two units — large corporates and mid-corporates – to effectively serve both customer segments.
- The mid-corporate vertical caters to companies seeking credit facilities of up to Rs. 250 crores, while the large corporate vertical handles business above that.
Which of the following bank has opened it’s first mid-corporate Branch in Kerala at Kochi?
Qatar signed world’s ‘longest’ gas supply deal with China.
QatarEnergy announced a 27-year natural gas supply deal with China, calling it the “longest” ever seen as it strengthened ties with Asia while Europe scrambles for alternative sources. The state energy company will send four million tonnes of liquefied natural gas annually from its new North Field East project to China Petroleum and Chemical Corporation (Sinopec).
Which of the following has signed the world’s ‘longest’ gas supply deal with China in November 2022?
Axis Bank, Flipkart to launch ‘Flipkart Axis Bank Super Elite’ credit card.
Axis Bank, India’s third largest private sector bank, and Flipkart, India’s homegrown e-commerce marketplace have partnered to launch the ‘Super Elite Credit Card. To scale the Flipkart SuperCoins reward program and enhance the customer shopping experience, this card will serve extensive value to shoppers.
- Following the three million milestones recently achieved for the existing Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card, this partnership enables yet another avenue for customers on the platform to unlock and enjoy unique rewards.
- The Super Elite Credit Card will offer an activation benefit of 500 Flipkart SuperCoins with 4X SuperCoins earned for every transaction and rewards up to Rs 20,000 across Flipkart, Myntra, etc.
- SuperCoins are rewards that customers can earn on each purchase across Flipkart, Myntra, and Cleartrip.
- The loyalty program was created with a vision to nurture customer relationships, enhance the digital shopping experience and deliver increased value.
- The unique rewards portfolio will serve the nuanced needs of Flipkart’s registered and burgeoning customer base of over 450 million across the country.
E- commerce major Flipkart has partnered with which of the following banks to launch Super Elite Credit Card in November 2022?
Free Mock Test
Previous Year Papers DU LLB
DU LLB Previous Year Question Paper 2017 (Click Here)
DU LLB Previous Year Question Paper 2021 (Click Here)