Reliance Industries to make India’s first multimodal logistics park in Chennai.
According to the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH), Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) has been awarded the project to build India’s first multimodal logistics park (MMLP) in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. A crucial cog in the Centre’s logistics overhaul, the MMLP will be spread over 184 acres and cost Rs 1,424 crore. The project will get adequate connecting infrastructure support through a special purpose vehicle (SPV) formed between central and state agencies. RIL emerged as the winning bidder for the public-private-partnership (PPP) project, with its own investment pegged at Rs 783 crore. The Centre expects the first phase of the project to be completed in two years.
Reliance Industries will build India’s maiden multimodal logistics park (MMLP) in which city?
ASEAN Agreed to Admit East Timor as 11th member.
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) has agreed in principle to admit East Timor as the group’s 11th member, the 10 member-bloc said in a statement, more than a decade after the country requested membership.
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) has agreed ‘in principle’ to admit which country as the group’s 11th member?
U-19 Men’s T-20 World Cup 2024 to be Hosted by Sri Lanka.
International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced the venue for Under-19 Men’s and Women’s T-20 World cup. ICC announced that the 2024 Under -19 men’s T-20 World Cup will be hosted by Sri Lanka while the 2026 edition will be staged in Zimbabwe and Namibia.
- The 2025 Under -19 women’s T20 World Cup will be held in Malaysia and Thailand, and 2027 Under -19 women’s event will be jointly hosted by Bangladesh and Nepal.
- The hosts are selected via a competitive bidding process overseen by a Board sub-committee chaired by Martin Snedden.
- ICC also declared the qualification pathway for the 10-team 2024 women’s T20 World Cup. Eight teams will qualify for the event automatically comprising the top three teams from each group from 2023, T20 World Cup.
- The remaining two teams will be identified through the 10-team ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Global Qualifier.
- The qualification pathway for the 14-team men’s World Cup 2027 was also decided with ten teams gaining automatic qualification.
- The remaining four teams will qualify via the ICC CWC Global Qualifier.
Which country will host the U-19 Men’s T-20 World Cup 2024?
On 15 November 2022, the world’s population is projected to reach 8 billion people, a milestone in human development.
On 15 November 2022, the world’s population is projected to reach 8 billion people, a milestone in human development. This unprecedented growth is due to the gradual increase in human lifespan owing to improvements in public health, nutrition, personal hygiene and medicine. It is also the result of high and persistent levels of fertility in some countries. This projection was revealed in the United Nation’s World Population Prospectus 2022. The prospectus was released on World Population Day, which fell on July 11. However, it began garnering widespread attention only recently with the day of 8 billion fast approaching.
United Nation’s Day of Eight Billion is celebrated on which day?
41st India International Trade Fair begins in New Delhi.
The 41st edition of the India International Trade Fair (IITF) has started at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi. Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal inaugurated the fair. The fair will continue till the 27th of this month. During the inauguration ceremony, Minister of State for Commerce and Trade Anupriya Patel and Som Parkash were also present. This year the theme of the trade fair is Vocal For Local, Local to Global.
What is the theme of 41st edition of India International Trade Fair (IITF) that is taking place in Delhi?
TRA Ranks Jio as Strongest Telecom Brand in India.
Jio ranks as India’s strongest telecom brand in India, ahead of Bharti Airtel and Vodafone Idea Ltd. The data was unveiled by the brand intelligence and data insights company TRA. TRA, formerly Trust Research Advisory, in its ‘India’s Most Desired Brands 2022’ ranked companies according to their brand strength.
- Reliance Jio topped the telecom category, followed by Bharti Airtel, Vodafone Idea Ltd, and BSNL.
- Adidas was the top brand followed by Nike, Raymond, Allen Solly, and Peter England in the apparel category.
- The automobile list was topped by BMW followed by Toyota, Hyundai, and Honda.
- LIC ranked 1 on the baking and financial services index had State Bank of India at number 2 and ICICI Bank at 3rd.
- The consumer appliances were topped by Kent, followed by Livpure, and Okaya.
- In consumer electronics, LG, Sony, and Samsung were in the top three of the brand lists.
- ITC topped the diversified conglomerate list followed by Tata and Reliance.
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) topped the energy list, followed by Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) and Adani.
- Amul was the top brand in the food and beverages category, followed by Nescafe.
- Fogg was the top FMCG brand followed by Lakme, Nivea, and Colgate.
- Philips topped the fast-moving electrical goods list, MI on the gadgetry list, Himalaya in healthcare, ITC Hotels in hospitality, ACC in manufacturing, KFC in retail, and Dell in Technology.
- Top-ranked firms on the internet brand list are Amazon, Facebook, Flipkart, and Google.
Which telecom brand of India has topped the ‘India’s Most Desired Brands 2022’?
Wholesale Price Index Inflation in October Eases to 8.39 %.
Wholesale price-based inflation eased in October to 8.39 per cent year-on-year, compared to 10.70 per cent in September, helped by a fall in commodity prices. Declining for the fifth consecutive month, that Wholesale Price Index (WPI) reading is the lowest since March 2021 and below a double-digit rise for the first time in 18 months.
Wholesale price-based inflation eased in October to _________ year-on-year, compared to 10.70 per cent in September.
Janjatiya Gaurav Diwas 2022 celebrates the birth anniversary of Birsa Munda.
November 15 is celebrated as Janjatiya Gaurav Diwas or Tribal Pride Day to honour tribal freedom fighter, Birsa Munda. On November 10, 2021, the Union Cabinet declared November 15 as ‘Janjatiya Gaurav Divas’ marking the birth anniversary of the revered leader and saluting his contributions to India’s freedom movement. Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated a museum in Ranchi in memory of Birsa Munda also known as Dharti Aaba. PM Modi said that observance of the Janjatiya Gaurav Diwas on Birsa Munda’s birth anniversary will serve as an opportunity to celebrate the glorious tribal culture and contribution to national development.
November 15 is celebrated as Janjatiya Gaurav Diwas or Tribal Pride Day to honour tribal freedom fighter, ________.
1995-batch Senior IAS officer Gaurav Dwivedi appointed Prasar Bharati CEO.
Senior IAS officer, Gaurav Dwivedi was appointed the Chief Executive Officer of public broadcaster Prasar Bharati. A 1995-batch officer of Chhattisgarh cadre, Mr. Dwivedi will have a five-year tenure from the date he assumes charge. Earlier, Mr. Dwivedi was the Chief Executive Officer of MyGovIndia, the citizen engagement platform of the government. He has been awarded the Prime Minister’s Award for his excellent work in administration. He replaces Shashi Shekhar Vempati.
Who was appointed the Chief Executive Officer of public broadcaster Prasar Bharati?
Mehran Karimi Nasseri who lived in Paris airport for 18 years passes away.
An Iranian refugee, Mehran Karimi Nasseri, who lived for 18 years in Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris and whose intriguing tale inspired the 2004 Steven Spielberg film “The Terminal,” passed away in that same airport. The cause of death, in Terminal 2F, was a heart attack, a representative for the airport. His exact age was not immediately known, but he was in his late 70s.
His days were punctuated by the rhythm of flights and the presence of travelers, whose numbers swelled in the morning and dwindled at night, leaving him mostly alone to sleep on his preferred curved bench. Airport employees would routinely give him their meal coupons, and flight attendants would give him toiletries left over by first-class passengers. The New York Times Magazine noted in a 2003 profile of Mr. Nasseri that he seemed “both settled — and ready to go.”
Name that person, who lived for 18 years in Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris, passed away recently.
Free Mock Test
Previous Year Papers DU LLB
DU LLB Previous Year Question Paper 2017 (Click Here)
DU LLB Previous Year Question Paper 2021 (Click Here)