World Science Day for Peace and Development observed on 10 November.
World Science Day for Peace and Development was proclaimed by the UN Educational, Scientific and UNESCO in 2001 under the UNESCO 31 C/Resolution 20. It is celebrated every year on November 10, around the globe, marking the significance of science in society. The day highlights the significant role of science in society and the need to engage the wider public in debates on emerging scientific issues. It also underlines the importance and relevance of science in our daily lives.
This year’s theme for World Science Day for Peace and Development is “Basic Sciences for Sustainable Development”.
World Science Day for Peace and Development observed on _______________.
3 Indian women feature in 2022 Asia’s Power Businesswomen List.
Forbes Asia has unveiled its annual ‘Asia’s Power Businesswomen’ list which features 20 women from the Asia-Pacific region. The list of women bosses features three Indians as well. The 20 women featured are newcomers to the list, further expanding Forbes Asia’s network of female trailblazers in the region. Forbes Asia has picked those women business leaders in its November issue who came up with varying strategies that gave a boost to their businesses despite the Covid-19 pandemic and the uncertainty caused by it.
- The first Indian women named on the list is Ghazal Alagh, co-founder and chief innovation officer of Honasa Consumer, Mamaearth’s parent firm.
- Second Indian businesswoman on the list is Soma Mondal, chairperson of Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL), the first to chair the state-run company.
- Namita Thapar, executive director at India business of Emcure Pharma, is the third Indian to be named of Forbes Asia’s Power Businesswomen 2022 list.
According to the Forbes 2022 Asia’s Power Businesswomen list, honoring 20 outstanding women in business across the Asia-Pacific region. Who among the following was named from India?
QS Asia University Rankings 2023: IIT Bombay top educational institution in Southern Asia.
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay is the best educational education in Southern Asia while IIT Delhi ranks second in the region, according to the QS Asia University Rankings 2023. The 15th edition of the QS World University Rankings: Asia features 757 institutions – up from 687 last year and making it the biggest rankings for the region yet.
The QS ranking 2023 is being formulated on the basis of academic and employer reputations, the number of staff holding a PhD, and the percentage of international students, others. A total of 760 Asian universities are in the university ranking list this year.
The Top 10 Asian Universities list are:
- China’s Peking University (Rank 1),
- National University of Singapore (rank 2),
- Tsinghua University, Beijing (rank 3),
- The University of Hong Kong (rank 4),
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (rank 5),
- Fudan University, China (rank 6),
- Zhejiang University, China (rank 6),
- Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (rank 8),
- Universiti Malaya (UM), Kuala Lumpur (rank 9),
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (rank 10).
According to QS Asia University Rankings 2023, which is the best educational education in Southern Asia?
Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant launched Purple Fest logo.
Chief Minister Pramod Sawant has launched logo of Purple Fest at a function held in Manohar Parrikar Memorial Hall of Sanjay Centre for Education, Porvorim. The event was organised by the Office of State Commission for Persons with Disabilities Goa in collaboration with Directorate of Social Welfare and Entertainment Society of Goa. Goa Government is delighted to introduce Purple Fest – Celebrating Diversity, a first-of-its-kind inclusive festival that embraces, expresses and celebrates persons with disabilities. Government will provide 100 per cent facilities to the Divyangs in the State.
Who has launched the logo of Purple Fest at a function held in Manohar Parrikar Memorial Hall of Sanjay Centre for Education, Porvorim?
Aruna Miller, 1st ever Indian-American to hold office in Maryland.
Indian-American woman Aruna Miller has became the first immigrant to hold the office of Lieutenant Governor in Maryland, Mid-Atlantic region of the United States. She stated that residents of Maryland chose Wes Moore as their Governor while she secured victory in the race to become Lieutenant Governor. Ms Miller, who is a former executive director of Indian American Impact, was endorsed by the organization, which supports Indian-American representation at every level of government. She also had the support and endorsement by important Indian-American organizations and people.
Indian-American woman ______ has became the first immigrant to hold the office of Lieutenant Governor in Maryland.
India Will Become Third-Largest Economy By 2027: Morgan Stanley.
India is on track to become the world’s third largest economy by 2027, surpassing Japan and Germany, and have the third largest stock market by 2030, thanks to global trends and key investments the country has made in technology and energy, says Morgan Stanley.
According to Morgan Stanley, India will become third-largest economy by _______.
42nd International Congress of the INCA Inaugurated in Dehradun.
Uttarakhand Governor Lt Gen Gurmit Singh (Retd.) inaugurated the 42nd International Congress of the Indian National Cartographic Association (INCA) in Dehradun. The 42nd International Congress is being organized by the National Hydrographic Office from 9th November to 11th November 2022 at Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
The theme of the 42nd International Congress of the Indian National Cartographic Association is Digital Cartography to Harness Blue Economy.
42nd International Congress of the Indian National Cartographic Association inaugurated in ________.
Uttar Pradesh to host 2023 Khelo India University Games.
Uttar Pradesh government to host Khelo India National University Games in 2023-2024 in four cities. Khelo India National University Games will be conducted in four cities of Uttar Pradesh including Lucknow, Gorakhpur, Varanasi, and Noida.
- In the Khelo India National University Games, 4,500 athletes will participate representing 150 universities across the country.
- There will be 20 disciplines including basketball, judo, kabaddi, wrestling, swimming, boxing, rowing, etc.
- Uttar Pradesh has got the opportunity to host the National University Games for the first time after Odisha and Karnataka.
- Disciplines like kabaddi, judo, archery, and fencing will be organized in Noida and rowing will be organized in Gorakhpur.
- In Varanasi, events like wrestling, malkham, and Yoga will be organized. The rest of the events will be organized in Lucknow.
- In the National University Games athletes below the age of 26 will participate.
- The Khelo India National University Games will focus more on women’s games.
- The government will announce the appointment of 12 former athletes who have made a mark at the international level as coaches in different disciplines for the state government-run sports hostels.
Which state government going to host 2023 Khelo India University Games?
Skyroot’s first rocket set for launch from Sriharikota.
India’s first privately developed rocket, Vikram-S by Hyderabad-based Skyroot Aerospace is poised to create history as it undergoes final launch preparations at the ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation)’s launchpad in Sriharikota for launch between November 12-16. The mission ‘Prarambh’, meaning ‘the beginning’, since it is the first mission for Skyroot, was unveiled by ISRO chairman S. Somanath in Bengaluru after the technical launch clearance from the Space regulator IN-SPACe.
India’s first private sector rocket Vikram-S, was developed by which of the following space technology companies?
YKC Wadiyar received International Kannadiga Rathna award 2022.
Member of the erstwhile royal family, Yaduveer Krishnaraja Chamaraja (YKC) Wadiyar has been selected for the International Kannada Rathna award. It is presented annually by Dubai Kannadigas to mark Kannada Rajyothsava. The award will be presented to YKC Wadiyar during Vishwa Kannada Habba on November 19 at Sheikh Rashid Auditorium in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, in association with Kannadigaru Dubai Sangha as part of celebration of the 67th Kannada Rajyothsava. Besides, Vishwamanya Award would be presented to achievers in various fields.
Who has been selected for the International Kannada Rathna award?
Free Mock Test
Previous Year Papers DU LLB
DU LLB Previous Year Question Paper 2017 (Click Here)
DU LLB Previous Year Question Paper 2021 (Click Here)