Mathura-Vrindavan to become a carbon-neutral tourist destination by 2041.
Uttar Pradesh government announced that Mathura-Vrindavan, one of India’s largest pilgrimage centers, aims to become a “net zero carbon emission” tourist destination by 2041. Tourist vehicles will be banned from the entire Braj region, which includes famous pilgrim centers such as Vrindavan and Krishna Janmabhoomi. Only electric vehicles used as public transport will be allowed into the area.
- All 252 waterbodies and 24 forests in the area will also be revived.
- According to the plan, the Braj region’s annual pilgrim-tourist footfall is expected to multiply from the current level of 2.3 crores to six crores by 2041.
- To attain a net zero carbon emission status, greenhouse gas emissions must be reduced to as close to zero as possible, with any remaining emissions re-absorbed from the atmosphere, by oceans and forests for instance.
- To facilitate this in Mathura-Vrindavan, the plan divides the entire region into four clusters, each containing two of the eight key cities.
- The plan proposes to form small circuits called ‘Parikrama Paths’ which the pilgrim can undertake either on foot or using electric vehicles.
UP government aims to make one of India’s largest pilgrimage centres, Mathura-Vrindavan a “net zero carbon emission” tourist destination by which year?
Russia Becomes India’s Top Oil Supplier In October.
Surpassing traditional suppliers Saudi Arabia and Iraq, Russia has emerged as the top oil supplier to India in October. This comes amid an ongoing war between Russia and Ukraine that has also seen many Western nations issue sanctions against Russian Federation.
As per the data of Vortexa (Energy Cargo Tracker), which of the following country has becomes the top oil supplier of India in October 2022?
GoI appointed non-executive Chairman in four Public Sector Banks.
Canara Bank, Punjab National Bank, Union Bank of India and Punjab & Sind Bank are the four banks where Non-executive Chairman has been appointed on their Boards. The approval is given by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC).
- Vijay Srirangam has been appointed as part-time Non-Official Director as well as Non-Executive Chairman of Canara Bank for three years,
- K G Ananthakrishnan has been appointed as part-time Non-Official Director as well as Non-Executive Chairman of Punjab National Bank for a term of three years.
- Srinivasan Varadarajan has been appointed as part-time Non-Official Director as well as Non-Executive Chairman of Union Bank of India for a term of three years, according to an order issued by the Department of Personnel & Training.
- The Centre has also appointed Charan Singh as a part-time Non-Official Director as well as Non-Executive Chairman of Punjab & Sind Bank for a term of two years.
Who has been appointed as part-time Non Official Director as well as Non-Executive Chairman of Punjab National Bank for a term of three years?
15 Films eye the coveted Golden Peacock at 53rd International Film Festival of India.
A total of 15 films will compete for the coveted Golden Peacock at the 53rd edition of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa. The IFFI will be held from the 20th to the 28th of this month. From the very first Golden Peacock awarded in the 3rd edition of IFFI, the prize has been amongst the most sought-after film awards in Asia.
A total of 15 films will compete for the coveted Golden Peacock at the 53rd edition of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in ______.
National Legal Services Day is marked every year on 9th November.
National Legal Services Day is marked every year on 9th November to celebrate the commencement of the Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987 which came into force on this very day in 1995. This day was established with a mandate to offer support and help to weaker sections of society including Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Castes, women, disabled persons, natural calamities victims, and human trafficking victims.
National Legal Services Day is marked every year on ______________.
Justice DY Chandrachud to Take Oath As New Chief Justice of India.
Senior-most Supreme Court judge and Chief Justice of India-designate Dhananjaya Y Chandrachud is all set to become the 50th head of the Indian judiciary when President Draupadi Murmu would administer the oath of office to him at Rashtrapati Bhawan.
Among the following who recently took oath as New Chief Justice of India?
November 9 to November 14 is observed as the International Week of Science and Peace every year around the globe.
November 9 to November 14 is observed as the International Week of Science and Peace every year around the globe. This week is an initiative taken by the United Nations (UN), hoping to make people contribute towards the encouragement and promotion of peace across the globe. During this week, people inspire and promote peace in their countries and also develop advanced technology for better living. Various events and activities are organized worldwide, and people participate internationally.
________________ is observed as the International Week of Science and Peace every year around the globe.
MoS Rajiv Chandrashekhar releases Two books on achievements and legacy of PM Modi.
Two books on the achievements and legacy of Prime Minister Narendra Modi were released by Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Rajiv Chandrashekhar in Dubai. These “Modi@20: Dreams Meet Delivery” and “Heartfelt: The Legacy of Faith”. The books were released at a programme of Vishwa Sadhbhavana, NID Foundation (Dubai chapter) to enhance and consolidate bonds of fraternity and solidarity among people in the US, Australia, and New Zealand.
________________ releases Two books on achievements and legacy of PM Modi.
GSMA elects Airtel CEO Vittal as Deputy Chair.
Airtel CEO Gopal Vittal was elected as deputy chair of the Global System for Mobile communications Association (GSMA). Bharti Airtel chief executive officer Gopal Vittal has been elected as the deputy chair of GSMA, a global mobile operators body. Vittal will hold the post for two years beginning January 1, 2023. Member companies selected 26 board members for 2023-24 which include senior executives from mobile operators. Telefonica Group CEO Jose Maria Alvarez-Pallete Lopez continues to be the chair of the GSMA board.
____________ was elected as deputy chair of the Global System for Mobile communications Association (GSMA).
RIL to buy the German Company Metro’s Cash and Carry business in India.
Reliance Industries is set to acquire German retailer Metro AG’s Cash & Carry business in India in a deal estimated at around €500. The Reliance-Metro deal includes 31 wholesale distribution centers, land banks, and other assets owned by Metro Cash & Carry. This is going to help Reliance Retail, which is India’s largest retailer, expand its presence in the B2B segment.
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries and Metro discussions were going on for the past few months and last week the German parent firm agreed to the offer from Reliance Retail.
- Metro Cash & Carry’s customers include retailers and Kirana stores, hotels, restaurants, and caterers (HoReCa), corporates, SMEs, companies, and institutions.
- The B2B segment is considered to be a low-margin business and multinationals such as Carrefour exited from the country in 2014.
- In July 2020, e-commerce major Flipkart Group acquired a 100% stake in Walmart India Pvt. Ltd, which operates the Best Price cash-and-carry business.
________________ to buy the German Company Metro’s Cash and Carry business in India.
Free Mock Test
Previous Year Papers DU LLB
DU LLB Previous Year Question Paper 2017 (Click Here)
DU LLB Previous Year Question Paper 2021 (Click Here)